“If every 8 year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world in one generation” ~ Dalai Lama
Traditionally, meditation was the goal of a yoga practice. Yoga postures and breath work were a means of uniting the body and mind to prepare for meditation. Meditation is a key part of yoga.
Teaching kids to meditate has many benefits. They include:
- reducing stress and anxiety
- improving quality of sleep
- encouraging neuroplasticity in the areas of emotions and executive functioning
- developing emotional and psychological resilience
- increasing focus and attention
- boosting mental and emotional wellbeing
Our mindfulness meditations are guided visualizations. Children create images in their mind by following the words of the meditation. Our library has a range of topics covering mental and emotional wellbeing, focus and concentration and sleep meditations like the one below.